what are primary colors ... Easy enough to explain to my
techno friends or so I thought
its Yellow red blue . . . YRB
well sort of, but not really
to my surprise there is the old color wheel above
and the REAL color wheel and additive and subtractive
www.realcolorwheel.com/othercolorwheel.htm is link to compelling text for a new color wheel for kids.
This is part of subtractive color. Light comes from a source (the sun)
it hits an object and some is absorbed. The light that bounces back is less!
Something has been subtracted from it. A red ball is reflecting what is left -
"red"! The rest of the color (colour) has been absorbed!
- For a good basic explanation click here
- good java applet for mixing subtractive colors
- good app for showing how printing is done with color
The there is additive RGB which is used on computers. Here are some god java applets
- with hex values as mouse travels over color grid
- mixing additive RGB as move circles of color
- Using with RGB sliders in one square
- Using spot lights and RGB sliders (emission)